Traveling through Thailand was the BEST time of my life. It stole my heart and I see myself spending much more time in my life travelling through Thailand.
One of the highlights of being in Thailand, and something it is well known for is STREET FOOD! Super cheap, super fresh and oh so delicious. Of course one of most well known dishes is Pad Thai.
Although nothing will beat eating fresh padthai in the middle of the hustle and bustle on Koh Sahn road in Bangkok… my at home version is a nice substitute!
It’s much more healthy!
It keeps really well! I doubled the recipe and had 4 lunches prepped. Wooo!
- 4 spiralized zucchinis’ (Wrap in paper towel and leave to sit, pressing a little to get some moisture out)
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 cup of Shrimp (Or as many as you’d like)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Cup of Bean sprouts
- Handful of chopped peanuts
- Handful of cilantro
- ½ lime
- 2tbps fish oil
- 2tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1tbps rice vinegar
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp honey
- In a bowl mix together all your sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add in your shrimp. Cook till they start to go a little pink then throw in the garlic.
- Push to the side of the pan and add in your eggs (break the yolk) cook a little then add in the zucchini noodles and mix everything together. (I use tongs to mix everything. It helps to break up the zucchini a little because it can clump)
- Pour in your sauce and carrots and mix evening. Once All mixed together add in the bean sprouts.
- Cook for a few minutes (So the bean sprouts cook a little bit but are still crunchy) and serve!
- Top with lime wedges, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
I hope you love it!!!!
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3