Fall has always been my favourite time of the year. The colours, smells, clothing, food and of course my birthday!
As the fall season sneaks up food choices begin to change. It is no longer about tropical fruits and raw meals and more about the heartier root veggies and soups! And of course…. you can’t forget about the pumpkin!
I am going to be working on various fall recipes lots centered around pumpkin! I am so excited to have my first recipe… Pumpkin Turmeric Thaini fudge! Ridiculously easy to make and SO tasty!
To highlight some of the ingredients I used:
Pumpkin: Lots of fiber, potassium and vitamin C
Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory, liver supporter and full of anti-oxidants.
Tahini: Healthy fats and calcium!
Cinnamon: Helpful for blood sugar modulation
- 1/2 cup purred pumpkin
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (I use New Chapter Fermented turmeric)
- 3/4 tbsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips optional
- Toss all the ingredients in your blender (except chocolate chips). Blend until smooth.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and transfer everything into the pan smoothing out with a spatula.
- Press chocolate chips into the top (if using)
- Freeze till set (about 30 minutes)
- Chop and enjoy!
I am really pleased with the way this turned out. Super tasty and because I used fermented turmeric the flavour isn’t too powerful (fermenting the turmeric dulls the flavour. If using a traditional turmeric you can reduce the serving if you don’t want it to taste too strongly of turmeric)
I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try it out 🙂
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3