Any pesto fans out there? I grew up really not enjoying pesto… I found it always made me nauseous, but my sister LOVED it!
Fast forward to adulthood and it has definitely grown on me and doesn’t make me quite as sick. BUT traditional pesto has a lot of dairy within… and it’s not of the best quality.
It is SO easy to make your own and health-ify it!!
Pesto is jam packed with Basil, YUM! Basil has many health benefits that make this recipe one you won’t regret adding into your diet!
Benefits of Basil:
- Liver protectant
- Can help with blood sugar imbalances
- Can help with your immune system
- Great for your cardiovascular system
- And is jam packed with trace vitamins and minerals
Pretty cool right?
For this recipe I omitted the traditional Pine nut and went pistachios instead.
Health Benefits of pistachios:
- High in B6
- Lots of fibre
- Healthy Fats
This Pesto is great for noodles, chicken, fish, crackers, veggies….
I made this with spirlized zucchini for noodles! This is so easy to make, so super yummy, healthy and great for meal prep!!
Alright… Here is the recipe!!
- 3 zucchinis
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Black pepper and salt
- Use your spiralizer to make noodles with your 3 zucchinis. Toss in your tomatoes.
- In a blender throw in all the pesto ingredients and blend till smooth. (scrape the sides as you go)
- Toss 2 tbsp in with the noodles and add the rest to a jar for later!
Yum Yum Yum! Let me know if you try it!!
And we all lived healthy and happily ever after <3