Yay healthier options for the New Year!!!
Do you love cake and want to eat it too? ME TOO!
Finding health is not about deprivation. .. it’s about balance… finding what works for you… finding a way to stick to healthier options and not going completely nutso!
So this is how I do it… finding healthier ways to eat the foods I love… like Cake!
I’ve seen all kinds of people on line baking whole pears into cakes and they are SO PRETTY!
I also work for the best company EVER and they sent me boxes of organic fruit for Christmas, so sweet right? So I baked with them 🙂
So here is a recipe for a chocolate cake stuffed with pears with a date caramel sauce! Yum, yum yum!
I made this bad boy for New Year’s Eve dessert and it was a hit! There was barely any left at the end of the night, and some was definitely wrapped up and taken home with guests.
Save the guilt and snuggle up with a movie and enjoy some chocolate cake!
So here’s the recipe, it will not dissapoint! <3
- 3 pears
- 1tsp honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Caramel date sauce:
- ¼ cup dates
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Take the peel off of your pears. In a small sauce pot bring a pot of water to a simmer with the honey and cinnamon. Add the pears and allow to simmer for 30mins. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix in all the wet ingredients (thoroughly mix).
- Line a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper (This will make it SO MUCH easier to pull out of the pan)
- Scoop a small amount of batter into the bottom of the pan (This is not a runny batter)
- Place the pears into the pan standing straight up.
- Scoop the rest of the batter, leaving the tops of the pears visible.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (Depending on your oven keep an eye on it, and when a knife pulls out clean it’s done!
- Add the dates, coconut milk and salt into your blender and begin to blend!
- Scrap down the sides as you go. You may need to add a bit more liquid as you go depending on how thick you would like it. Blend till smooth.
Slice it up and enjoy with a drizzle of the sauce! Enjoy and make sure to share with loved ones… or don’t… keep it all to yourself 😉
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3