Hello friends! I am sure anyone that knows me or follows me on Social Media knows my deep love for Disney! It is my not so secret secret!
Recently I was at Walt Disney World for Flower and Garden festival and tried some yummy food! There was one dish though that as soon as I had it I knew I wanted to recreate it at home! It was the Sugar Cane Shrimp from La Isla Fresca! So fresh and tasty and a healthier option for the festival… omitting the Sugar Can skewer that is!
So any time I can incorporate some Disney into my life… Life gets better! So I tried to recreate this dish but with a healthier twist! 🙂
Instead of rice I used Cauliflower rice, I completely omitted the sugar cane and I used my George Formen grill to cook the shrimp!
So if you love Disney, love the Flower and Garden festival, love this dish or just love Shrimp… then this recipe may be for you! Cilantro lime rice, chipotle shrimp with Mango salsa! YUM
- Half head Cauliflower
- Half lime
- Big handful cilantro
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Shrimp (I cooked up a full bag I purchased so I had extra)
- Chipotle seasoning
- 1 mango
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 2tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze of hot sauce (optional)
- Blend up your cauliflower in your blender or food processor to make rice. Transfer to a pan.
- Lay all your shrimp out on a plate and shake chipotle all over.
- On your heated grill place all the shrimp seasoned size down. Shake more chipotle on the other size and grill till cooked through.
- Add a little tamari (or soy sauce) to the cauliflower rice along with the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix well and cook through.
- In your blender place your mango, tomato, apple cider vinegar, garlic and hot sauce (optional) and blend through.
- Pop your shrimp on top of the cauliflower and spoon some salsa on top!
This was enough for 2 meals with some left over shrimp!
This turned out super yummy and 10/10 will be making this meal again!!
If you can ever make it to Walt Disney World when there is a festival going on at EPCOT… go! So much fun and super tasty treats to try out!
I hope you try out this simple yummy recipe and let me know if you enjoy it!
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3