It’s Christmas Eve!! I am SO excited. Christmas has always been a big thing in my family household. My mom had a Christmas ornament business while I was growing up so it was Christmas basically 365 days of the year!
During Christmas season my mom would go baking crazy! It was amazing. So many treats and sweets to celebrate with the family. Although they were delicious they were not always the healthiest.
I decided to make some super yummy ginger cookies without any refined flour or sugars. Adding in some crystallized ginger for an extra spicy bite and some gut soothing properties. It’s pretty easy to over indulge during the holidays so adding ginger into the diet can help with your digestion.
These are easy to make and super tasty!
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup monkfruit
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Using a fork cream together the butter, egg and molasses
- Mix together that dry and wet ingredients
- Wash the sugar off of the crystallized ginger. Chop it up into fine pieces and fold into the mixture.
- Use a tbsp to scoop the mixture onto a try with parchment paper (or greased with coconut oil)
- Bake for 10 minute and allow to cool.
And thats that! Super yummy, easy and a healthier alternative to a typical ginger cookie. Let me know if you try making these cookies and if you like them 🙂
I hope you have an amazing Christmas!
And we all lived healthy and happily ever after <3