I posted a picture on Instagram of a Mickey Mouse shaped chocolate chip cookie (everything tastes better when its Mickey Mouse Shaped), and I was asked to share they recipe! So here it is!
I am a super strong believer in balance. Where is the fun in life if you have to cut out everything under the sun from your diet? I also believe in finding a healthier alternative whenever you can, especially to help avoid refined sugars!
These cookies were probably one of my favorite batches of cookies I have made! They were so soft and just the perfect amount of sweetness!
So here is how you make them:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (solid, do not melt)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- choco chip! (I used 1/4 cup dark choco mini chips. You can use 1/2 cup if you want more chocolate!)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl mix whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey), egg, & vanilla. Whisk till they are are completely mixed together.
- Sift in the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Fold in the choco chips.
- Scoop out the dough onto the sheet leaving space in between. If you want them to be mickey mouse like the ones i made… Make one ball and 2 smaller balls on top. Flatten them down a bit.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until you see the edges/bottom going golden.
- Cool, and enjoy!!
I hope you love the cookies! They did not last very long in my house!
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3