Are you worried about raiding your kids Halloween candy?
Worried about going a little over board, but you know you have goals to meet?
How about you make your own candy? Some you don’t have to feel guilty about… Satisfying and rich enough that you wont need to indulge!
Halloween is such a fun experience. Best memory is my dad carrying a giant camping back pack so we could empty our pillow cases into his bag mid way through the night. People thought we were just starting and felt bad and gave us extra candy. haha.
My favorite costume memory was definitely the pink power ranger! I had gloves that made loud “Rawring” noises when I clapped them and i wore my pink bike helmet too! Total bad ass!
Growing up chocolate was always one of my favorite treats to collect on Halloween. My little sister was always obsessed with peanut butter cups…. so naturally she got a lot of mine (big sister duties).
But now as an adult I can make my own with out all the sugar and with much cleaner ingredients. Plus your kiddos may like them too!
So here is a fun and super easy recipe for white chocolate almond butter cups! YUM!
- 3/4 cups cacao butter
- 1/4tsp vanilla
- 1tsp monkfruit
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Nut milk (1-3 tbsp depending on how hard your almond butter is)
- 2tbsp honey (or maple syrup if you want them to be strictly vegan)
- In a sauce pot melt the cacao butter on low heat, stirring consistently
- Once melted mix in the vanilla extract and monk fruit. The monk fruit wont really melt in so you’ll have to pick some up as you’re spooning into the cups.
- Place 6 cupcake liners in a muffin tin and spoon some of the mix into the liners (about 1/4 of the cup). Place in the freezer for about 10 mins to let it set and harden.
- While the base is hardening its time to mix the almond butter!
- In a sauce pan start to heat the almond butter and nut milk together. This is to soften the nut butter. Mix in the honey.
- Spoon the nut butter mixture on top of the hardened white chocolate and place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the rest of the mixture on top and let set in the freezer.
And enjoy! I love to make these… and they are rich enough that one is plenty enough. If you try these let me know! I’d love to hear form you 🙂
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3