I am a giant lover of cheesecake… as I am sure a huge majority of the population is as well! If I could eat the real stuff (like from cheesecake factory *drools*) every day I most certainly would! But… that much processed sugar and dairy would have me ten times the size I am now. I am going to share with you the recipe I like to use for making a Greek Yogurt cheese cake (yes Greek yogurt is still dairy! BUT it actually has less lactose than the cheese would in a normal cheesecake, less sugar, and more protein!! woo!).
This recipe is actually super easy, and you can change up the flavors very simply. I am going to share the recipe for the standard, and give you a couple varieties you can try to jazz it up 🙂
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp honey
pinch of salt
2 cups unsweetened greek yogurt
1tbsp tapioca flour
1/2 cup monkfruit or xylitol
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Grease your pan with coconut oil, or line your pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the vanilla, eggs, coconut oil and honey together.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix all together.
- Press the dough into the pan, and poke with a fork (so it doesn’t get air bubbles)
- Bake for 8 mins (Or until golden along the edges)
- Allow to cool
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Either use a blender/food processor or hand mixer.
- Place all your ingredients in your blender/food processor or in a mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour on top of your crust and pop into the oven! Bake for 35mins (Or until it has a done look to it. The center still may be quite jiggly)
- Let it cool/set. And make sure to run a knife around the edges! I use a spring form, and it needs a knife around the edge to get it out of the pan!
Blueberry: Mix in 1/2 cup of blueberries into the greek yogurt mixture. Top with thinly sliced lemons once it has cooled.
Turmeric lemon: Mix 1tsp turmeric powder into the greek yogurt mixture and the rind of 1 lemon. I used honey mixed with turmeric and made little blobs on the top of the cake before I baked it.
I hope you try out this recipe! Its so yummy, and my family always loves it! Try out some other flavors and get creative 🙂
And we all live healthy and happily ever after <3