Happy Pancake Tuesday! I don’t know about you… but Pancakes make me happy! Life is all about being happy right? So lets eat some pancakes!
Making your own pancakes at home is so super simple! Avoid the store bought pancake mixes or IHOP pancakes and opt for a healthier version!
I looked it up… and in 2 Chocolate pancakes at IHOP you are eating 32g of sugar!!!! Thats 8 tsp of sugar! I am sure you don’t want to be putting that in your body.
I was craving chocolate, and pancakes so I came up with some rosemary chocolate pancakes! YUM! I love the texture of these pancakes too! Like chocolate cake!
Are you familiar with the benefits of rosemary?
- High in Antioxidant
- Helps with Detoxification (Phase 2)
- Can help relieve stress
- Can help to improve memory
- Infection fighter
- Plenty of Vitamin C, Iron & calcium
Tastes so good. Even with chocolate!
So the Recipe!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1tbsp sweetener ( I used monkfruit. Xyliol or stevia would be great too)
- Cashew Milk till (Slowly added till at a pancake consistency. Around 1/4 cup)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (preferably sifted first)
- Mix the rosemary in
- Beat in the egg
- Slowly add cashew milk till at pancake consistency
- Heat a a small amount of coconut oil on a pan (I put a little on some paper towel and rub the pan with it)
- Poor all or some (Depending on the size of pancakes you want) and cover to cook.
- Flip once! These cook pretty quickly!
In these photos I used some coconut whipped cream to coat them with some sliced banana
Coconut whip cream:
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk over night.
- Scoop out the solid cream and leave the liquid.
- Beat with an electric hand mixer with 1tbsp maple syrup.
You could also use some cooked down berries!
So there it is! Let me know if you try them! Perfect for Pancake Tuesday 🙂
And we all lived healthy, and happily ever after <3